Chicken piccata is such an easy recipe to make and it is so big on flavor. Our favorite chicken piccata recipe is this one because it is perfectly balanced with lemon and butter and we do not skimp on the capers. It is so good.
About this Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe:
This chicken piccata recipe is very easy to make. The chicken is first pounded thin and then the lemon butter sauce only takes minutes to come together.
You will add the capers at the very end to add that extra salty bite and brine flavor that makes a piccata so good. All of the ingredients come together to balance each other out and make the most delicious sauce.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh Italian parsley and lemon slices for garnish (optional)
About the ingredients in this recipe:
You want to try to not leave out any of these ingredients since they all work so well together and they are all the classic ingredients in a piccata. When buying capers for this recipe, try to find smaller capers and not the really large ones that they sell sometimes in the store.
You can skip the garnish portion of the recipe with the parsley and lemon slices. Just make sure you follow the rest of the recipe as is for the best results!
Here are the steps to make this Chicken Piccata:
I told you this chicken piccata recipe was a very easy! The capers, butter, lemon and chicken stock all come together beautifully and taste so amazing.
I really love serving this with a light pasta like spaghetti or angel hair but you can serve this with potatoes, vegetables or any other side dish that goes well with a lemon flavor.
I really prefer working with chicken stock in all my recipes but you could also use chicken broth here too. If you are really in a pinch, a bouillon cube added to water can also work though it won't be as good as the real thing.
Although parsley is an optional ingredient, I do recommend it. It makes the dish beautiful by adding that pop of color (we eat with our eyes first) and, parsley actually aids in digestion which makes it a great addition to any meal.
More Italian Recipes You May Like:
Our Favorite Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 boneless chicken breasts pound thin and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter divided
- 4 ounces capers
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped fine. Optional
- lemon slices garnish. Optional
Making the Chicken
- On a large plate, mix your flour, Parmesan, salt and oregano.
- ¼ cup Parmesan, ¼ cup All purpose flour, 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Place your chicken breasts one at a time in a large ziploc bag.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Pound thin to about half of its original thickness.
- Cut your pounded out chicken breasts in half to make 4 thin chicken cutlets.
- Dip the chicken into your flour mixture making sure to coat both sides then set aside.
- Pre-heat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add your olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Now add your chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes a side until the chicken is browned on both sides.
- Remove your chicken from the pan on to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and deglaze your pan scraping up all of the brown bits.
- Now add your chicken stock to the hot pan and mix well.
- Next add your lemon juice, capers and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and simmer for 1 minute.
- Taste for any additional salt needed and add more to taste.
- Once the sauce has simmered for a minute, place your chicken back into the pan and cook for an additional couple minutes to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Top with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
This came out really delicious!