Italian pork chops seasoned with bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan and herbs and baked in the oven are the most delicious weeknight meal and they couldn't be easier to make. These breaded and seasoned boneless pork chops are loaded with flavor and everyone always loves them. Perfect for a quick meal during the week.
About these Italian pork chops:
Baking pork chops in the oven usually scares people because your pork can dry out very easily. Thanks to the delicious parmesan-herb breadcrumb crust and searing that crust on the stovetop first before baking, these pork chops stay really juicy and tender.
These Italian parmesan pork chops go well as a second course following Italian minestrone or as a side to an Italian farro salad, fagioli all'uccelletto (Tuscan beans) Italian roasted tomatoes , Italian chickpea salad (for a lighter side) or angel hair with tomatoes and herbs for a full Italian experience.
Ingredients you will need:
- Boneless pork chops: about ¾ of an inch thick (not thin pork chops).
- Panko bread crumbs: I know this is an Italian dish but panko bread crumbs yield the crispiest crust!
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese: This adds a nutty and salty flavor to the pork chops.
- Fresh herbs: (optional) like oregano, Italian parsley (not curly parsley), basil etc.
- Flour:This is for coating the pork chops.
- Egg: The egg holds the seasoning on the pork chops.
- Kosher salt: To enhance the flavor of the pork and seasonings.
- Garlic powder: This adds so much flavor to the pork.
- Olive oil: You do not need extra virgin olive oil since the oil is used for cooking the pork chops.
It may seem like a lot of ingredients but I bet you have lots of this stuff already in your pantry. Another note, this recipe uses garlic powder and not fresh garlic since you will be pan-frying the pork chops very quickly before putting them in the oven.
Fresh garlic would start to burn in this process so try not to use that 🙂
How to make Italian Pork Chops:
- Gather all of your ingredients and place them on the counter.
- In one bowl, mix together the breadcrumb coating (herbs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt)
- Grab 2 more bowls and beat an egg in one bowl and add your flour to the other bowl.
- Dip your pork chops in flour, then egg, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Sear the pork chops for about 1 minute on each side then place on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for about 13-14 minutes.
- Let them rest for a few minutes then enjoy!
I love this recipe for making pork chops in the oven because as the pork chops are baking, I can make the side dish that I want to serve with them. Less multitasking going on in the kitchen!
You can also make your dinner prep even easier and make Italian tomatoes that can go in the oven with the pork chops. That is what I did here.
I cored out a few tomatoes and used the leftover breadcrumbs for their filling. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and let them bake with the chops.
More Italian Recipes
If you love these Italian bakes pork chops, you may also like these:
Italian Pork Chops
- 1 sheet pan
- 1 large skillet
- 3 wide shallow bowls
- 4 boneless pork chops about ¾ inches thick
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan freshly grated
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon combination of chopped fresh herbs (optional) like basil, oregano or Italian parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab 3 wide shallow bowls.
- In one bowl add the flour and salt.½ cup all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In the second bowl add the egg and beat it.1 egg
- In the third bowl add the Panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, parmesan and herbs (if using) and mix well so it is all well incorporated.½ cup Panko breadcrumbs, ½ cup Parmesan, 2 tablespoon combination of chopped fresh herbs (optional), ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- With paper towel, pat the pork chops dry on both sides.4 boneless pork chops
- Grab a pork chop and dip it in the flour and flip it over and dip the second side as well.
- Next, dip the floured pork chop into the egg mixture making sure to coat both sides of the pork chop.
- Now add the pork chop to the bread crumb mixture and coat both sides then place the pork chop on to a plate and finish dipping the other pork chops the same way.
- Pre-heat a large flat bottom skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.3 tablespoon olive oil
- Sear the pork chops in the skillet for 1 minute then flip them over and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pork from the pan and place on to a sheet pan.
- Place in the oven for 13-14 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 145 degrees. The juices of the pork should run clear if you slice a little section in the center.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let rest for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute back into the pork chops.
- Serve immediately.