An easy ravioli sauce recipe is so important on those busy evenings when you are short on time but want a delicious sauce to go over quick cooking store bought ravioli. This sauce is a creamy pink sauce made with tomatoes, cream, garlic, olive oil and Parmesan and it works well with any cheese ravioli.
About this creamy ravioli sauce:
This creamy sauce is made to be paired with cheese ravioli since the tomatoes, garlic and cream pair so well with it. This ravioli sauce is also great on spinach and ricotta ravioli too, in case that is what you have on hand.
Now even though this cheese ravioli cream sauce is really simple, it is really big on flavor. The best part is by the time you are done boiling the water and cooking the ravioli, the sauce will be ready.
You definitely want to try this one out!
Ingredients you will need:
- Store-bought cheese ravioli or spinach and ricotta ravioli. Fresh or frozen.
- Canned diced tomatoes.
- Heavy cream.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kosher salt.
- Red pepper flakes.
How to make:
The first thing you want to do is heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large sauté pan. The red pepper flakes just adds a little depth of flavor to this creamy ravioli sauce but it won't be spicy.
The next thing you are going to add is the garlic and diced tomatoes. You want to break down the diced tomatoes a little bit and let them pick up the flavor of the garlic.
Once the garlic and tomatoes have cooked for a few minutes, you add the heavy cream and Parmesan and simmer for one minute.
I told you this was easy!
- I find it easiest to have all of my ingredients ready and prepped before I begin making the meal. By doing this, you will see that during the cooking portion of the meal, it is just adding items into a pan without all of the stress.
- You can use fresh or frozen ravioli with this sauce. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for how long to cook the ravioli and only cook them until al dente.
- Make sure to cook the ravioli ahead of time and do not cook them in the sauce. Ravioli is meant to be cooked in water to achieve the right texture in the pasta.
For more easy recipes:
- Pasta Pisselli e Pancetta (Pasta with Peas and Pancetta)
- Penne All Vodka
- Italian American Meat Sauce
- Zucchini Soup
- Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes and Herbs
- Italian Ground Pork Meat Sauce
Easy Ravioli Sauce
- 28 ounces Canned diced tomatoes drained and juices discarded.
- 6 Cloves garlic diced
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.3 tablespoon olive oil, Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Next add the diced tomatoes and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften the garlic and tomatoes.28 ounces Canned diced tomatoes, 6 Cloves garlic
- Add heavy cream and mix well.1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Add Parmesan and salt and reduce heat to low.½ cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook for 1 minute or until the cream sauce begins to bubble.
- Taste for seasoning. Add any additional salt if necessary.
- Remove from heat and add cooked ravioli into pan of sauce.
- Very gently toss cooked ravioli in the sauce making sure to coat all of the ravioli.
- Serve immediately.