This simple Italian ground pork meat sauce is made with just a few ingredients and it has so much flavor. This meat sauce is true Italian cooking with its simplicity and is so easy to make. A perfect quick dinner during the week.
I first tried this absolutely delicious Italian sauce during my trip to Florence. It was only by luck because my husband and I forgot to make a dinner reservation and in Italy, that is a must if you want to eat out at the fancier restaurants.
After walking around looking for a place we could eat, we stumbled upon a very small and very humble Italian eatery with very simple and traditional food. This is the dish that I tried and it was amazing.
After much trial and error recreating it at home, I have finally perfected the recipe. It is as delicious as the restaurant we ate at and in true Italian fashion, it is so simple and easy to make.
It is a simple traditional Italian recipe!
All simple Italian ingredients for this one. You will need:
- Ground Pork
- White wine
How to make Italian ground pork meat sauce
When I tell you that this Italian ground pork sauce is simple Italian cooking at its finest, I mean it. Here are the steps:
- Saute carrots: You start by adding the carrots to a pan with some olive oil and cook that down until the carrots are soft.
- Brown the ground pork: Now add the ground pork to the pan along with some of the rosemary and the garlic.
- Add white wine: You add the white wine and let it reduce down by about half.
- Cook pasta: Of course, always until al dente!
- Toss: Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss it around for about 1 minute. This lets the pasta soak up the flavors.
That is it! Give this simple Italian pasta a try and I know you will love it as much as I do.
More Italian Sauces
Italian Ground Pork Meat Sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti
- ¾ lb ground pork
- 1 cup white wine find you that you would drink
- 3 small carrots diced finely
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 fresh sprigs of rosemary half of it diced finely
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- fresh pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and carrots and cook until softened (about 2 minutes)3 small carrots, 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Now add the ground pork, the chopped rosemary, rosemary sprigs, salt, pepper and garlic and cook until the pork is browned.¾ lb ground pork, 4 cloves garlic, 6 fresh sprigs of rosemary, fresh pepper, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add the white wine and reduce down by half.1 cup white wine
- While you are waiting for the wine to reduce, cook pasta until al dente.1 lb spaghetti
- Drain pasta and reserve one cup of pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta to the ground pork and toss well.
- Add half of the pasta water and toss again for about one minute to let the pasta pick up the flavors of the sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.